This museum is being planned and run by volunteers and we need more !
We are looking for people who can give time on a regular basis either during the day or in the evening, for as many hours that you can spare. We also need people who would like to help out on specific days when we have a special event. We want enthusiastic people who can either work behind the scenes or “front of house”. Age is no barrier, school children to pensioners are welcome!
The activities that we currently require volunteers for include:
- cleaning equipment ready for display
- restoring equipment for static display, this will mainly be mechanical and cosmetic
- restoring equipment for use in the Operations Room, this will be electrical / electronic work and will require the use of electronic test gear in our ESD Laboratory.
- Creating display graphics for physical display in the galleries
- Creating digital media for electronic display in the galleries
- Creating and enhancing the web site
- Creating and being part of our engagement with schools programme
- Running training courses for Foundation and Intermediate Radio Amateurs
- Assisting in our software coding club as a STEM Ambassador
- Assisting in our electronics club as a Technical Assistant
- Working in the Operations Room demonstrating equipment to visitors
- General museum administration